Comments

imageimage
  • :((
    Now we are down to two pomas left in New England.
    - Sam
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 2,496
    4 at least though only 2 public Killington, Storrs, Stratton, Sugarbush
  • newpylong said:

No, only two; Storrs and Sugarbush do not have high-speed Poma lifts, they only have regular platter pulls built by Poma.
    - Sam
    To me a poma is a poma, detachable or not, single person. But you are correct regardless.
  • newpylong said:

We need a NELSAP Killington Upper Snwodon poma
    party.

IBRAKE
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 4,668

I'd forgotten Storr's was a Poma. A season pass only $125. Funny, they have Groomer, Snow Making, Motor Pump & Ski Jumping Photo galleries but no skiing or lift photos.

Where's the one at Sugarbush?

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    When does Upper Snowdon operate?
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 268
    The Sugarbush is alongside Inverness. Pretty sure the local ski academy built a Tbar up there as well not too long ago.

Also, I remember the SMS poma at Stratton being detachable.
    Usually in November because they use it for race training
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 2,496
    Yes the GMVS Tbar starts at the bottom and goes up to the first pitch and then on the opposite side is the Poma which goes up to the top of the last pitch roughly. So the mountain doesn't need to run that Quad midweek if there is no other terrain yet open off the lift.
    Was fortunate enough to ride it this season and document it on Remontees-Mecaniques for future generations to see: http://tinyurl.com/yc9gk3pq
    Has anyone caught a ride on the Stratton and Sugarbush platter/poma lifts? Is it relatively easy to sneak on? Hoping to hit those up this coming season.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 5,282
    conrad said:

Was fortunate enough to ride it this season and document it on Remontees-Mecaniques for future generations to see: http://tinyurl.com/yc9gk3pq

Has anyone caught a ride on the Stratton and Sugarbush platter/poma lifts? Is it relatively easy to sneak on? Hoping to hit those up this coming season.

And this picture taking Pro wants to come and ski with me in Michigan?

Wow! Great report and pics Conrad!

The Sugarbush is alongside Inverness. Pretty sure the local ski academy built a Tbar up there as well not too long ago.

Ok now I see why I don't recall...all those times at SB north I'm not sure if I ever skied in Inverness. If the platter was listed as school only I might have written it off & erased it out of my memory banks.  Of course I do not recall the North Link Platter either, where ever that was located. The GMVS T-bar went in 2011-2012 according to NESH, so I know I haven't been in that pod since then. Road trip! 
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    The other Poma was located where the North Kynx Triple is today.
    the platter at Black NH is mostly Poma?  semi-Poma?  
    obienick said:

TY, I don't think I skied much on North Lynx on Lincoln back in the day, not until Slidebrook went in. Although last time I was there I took a few runs there at the end of my day but the platter was gone long ago. 

NESH says likely a Mueller T-bar. Another miss for me. I have to go back and ride some of these
  • ski_it said:

obienick said:

TY, I don't think I skied much on North Lynx on Lincoln back in the day, not until Slidebrook went in. Although last time I was there I took a few runs there at the end of my day but the platter was gone long ago. 

NESH says likely a Mueller T-bar. Another miss for me. I have to go back and ride some of these

It's a relocated Mueller T-bar retrofitted as a platter pull with homemade platters.
    - Sam
  • ski_it said:

obienick said:

It's a relocated Mueller T-bar retrofitted as a platter pull with homemade platters.

- Sam