Cold snowmaking weather coming

I anticipate getting out to Caberfae the day after Thanksgiving with my good friend Ted looks like good window of snowmaking opportunity come the middle of the week here in the Midwest

Comments

Looking very good for snow making. But I know how the forecast can change, fingers crossed that it does't image
    that looks really good --where is it?

that looks really good --where is it?

Cadillac,Michigan
    Lucky Michigan. The forecasts I've seen for New England, at least southern and central N.E., call for warmer, wetter weather compared to last winter. But long-range forecasts are tricky, so don't worry about this now. There will be plenty of time to worry in the next few months.
    All of the eastern areas are going to get a super window for snowmaking starting end of this week, even the So. East! That being the case any area that doesn’t take advantage of it might regret that decision later on.
    Tug hill should be on the receiving end of 6-12 this weekend and possible Nor' Easter in the Pipe next week....Keep on eye on Tuesday/Wed could get interesting and some early season powder.
    ~Rich~
    Ted Reilly and I are planning the day a after Thanksgiving for our opening day at Caberfae and I think they will have the North Peak and all of the north section open for a whopping $15

The snowmaking forecast this week is very good in the mid-20s every night so the guns will be blazing looking forward to many WebCam shots
    Close to a foot predicted for high terrain in VT Friday night
    Ski BRULE in Up of Mi opens today w free skiing , too bad its 8 hrs drive
    Well who got what and besides Cat and K , SR who's open?
  • Wachusett cranking last night, check the webcam for results.

Despite the coming monsoon tomorrow it should not be long.

:)
    webcam at MRG earlier today, snow was quite tracked out they must've had a lot of people earning their turns yesterday
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 1,417
    Wildcat was Ok today, quite variable. Guns on Middle Lynx were very wet causing issues for many, including me.
    Anything not groomed was rutted ice.
    Wentt down after a couple of runs for a quick wax and the shop was closed. O well. Fun day, no crowds.
    cool shot, almost looks like a lenticular cloud forming over Mt. Washington
    We may see some single digits near Glens Falls, NY here on Wed night. That has never happened before so early in the season. Bring it on!

cool shot, almost looks like a lenticular cloud forming over Mt. Washington

Pretty close! Called a "cap cloud"
    Mt Washington observatory said today that lenticular clouds formed over both Washington and Wildcat yesterday. That's why it was cloudy on Wildcat when it was sunny all around!
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 1,417
    From MWOB Instagram
    Caberfae to open this Saturday 11/17, should be my earliest day out
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 1,811
    Mohawk Mountain is making snow. This is very early for a Connecticut ski area. No announced opening day.

Add Ski Sundown to that list, but it looks like they just started snowmaking this morning.
    <p abp="321"><strong abp="322">Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.</strong></p>
    Hey the WET BULB LOOKS GOOD FOR TENNEY

Ted sent this