2016/17 Season Totals

I realize it's "only" April 19th but I'll start the Season Totals thread.

35 days on skis, 4 of which were Powder days (hours)
1st time skiing at Stowe, VT and Squaw Valley, CA
I'm also remembering skiing 5 or 6 Bluebird (or very near BB) days 

"I need a powder day"<br>

Comments

• edited April 2017 Posts: 146
    51 lift-served outings (includes nights); a dozen+ outings earning turns.  Hoping for 1-2 more lift-served and a few more skinning adventures.   

About 90% snowboard/10% skis

Terrific season!!!!  I think my highest count I've ever had   :)
    23 days and hoping for 2-3 more.
    <p abp="321"><strong abp="322">Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.</strong></p>
    Wow! Those numbers are painful. I'm going to have to cover my eyes when JS posts.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • I'd say I'm probably at 60 to 70 total days, probably 14 at various areas, 2 backcountry, and the rest at Bradford.
    - Sam
    ski_it said:

Wow! Those numbers are painful. I'm going to have to cover my eyes when JS posts.

Actually, nelsbeer is pretty close - possibly even ahead of me. Who else among the SJers is in the 100+ club? If you're interested, I'll post my final numbers in June.
    I'm sitting happy at 44 days at Mount Snow, Stowe, and Sugarbush. I should be getting to 50 come early May!
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 1,329
    I'm at 48 days right now.  Going to hit Killington on Saturday, and then depending on when I get to my place at Mount Snow tomorrow evening, if there's still enough daylight, I'll hike for a run or 2, if not I'll hike for a run or 2 Sunday morning (or maybe hike both Friday afternoon and Sunday morning  :D ) That will get me either to 50 or 51 days, which to me sounds SO much better than 48 or 49 days!  8-|

So far I'm all lift served.
    1 day (so far) at Killington
    1 day at Willard
    2 nights at Wachusett
    1 day at Crotched
    2 days at Magic
    4 days at Bromley
    6 days at Stratton
    3 days at Burke
    28 days (and counting as I'm looking at hiking a day or 2 this weekend) at Mount Snow
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 80
    Finished my season at 51 days last wknd
    This included 12 nights
    All lift served. 19 on my Ragged pass and 13 at Crotched led the way

New mtn for me: Stowe
    becca_m said:

51 lift-served outings (includes nights); a dozen+ outings earning turns.  Hoping for 1-2 more lift-served and a few more skinning adventures.   

About 90% snowboard/10% skis

Terrific season!!!!  I think my highest count I've ever had   :)
    glad to hear, great attitude!

23 Lift served at 21 different ski areas.  Plus 5 XC outings.    Wish it were higher, but not complaining, had 9 ski trips of two nights or more including Colorado.  Feel pretty fortunate to do these things.  

I had 44 times 26 on telemark the rest on Alpine I skied the following :
    Jay peak x4
    Gunstockx2
    Killington X2
    Cochrans- new area for me !!
    Mount Abram
    Prospect ski tow new area for me
    Ski sundown 30 x
    Amazingly I only did 3 night skiing trips a record low
    Overall I had a decent season might make Killington once more in early may
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 4,668

Edit: I'm at 27 times Alpine in 26 days all lift served, except for the one run where I hiked up Crotched a bit when the Rocket was down. IIRC that's a high number for me, well since I've been keeping track the last ten years.
    I skied two new to me ski areas to keep my streak going (a paying & lift riding customer at every open, public, lift served ski area in New England. Also had 5 days of local X-C. I am hoping to get 1 or 2 more lift days in.

11 days at Crotched  - including 6 times in a row
    6 days at Mt Snow
    2 days at Wildcat
    2 days at Bretton
    1 day at Attitash
    1 day at Cannon
    1 day at Mt Sunapee
    1 day at Plymouth Notch*
    A full session at Gateway Hills Snow Park**
    1/2 day McIntyre

*New ski area for me
    **Newest ski area in New England

5 days X-C - 2.5-5k

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    2 times on snow ... 1x Nashoba, 1x Killington (first time!)

1x overcast, 1x bluebird

• edited April 2017 Posts: 1,162
    At 40 but not even close to done. Heading to Killington till they close and then on to the East snowfields when they get available if you know what I mean.
    Josh, have you ever skied the snowfields?
    Bunch of braggarts,( lol I'm just jealous) golfed as many times already as I skied, wish we had bigger and more/ closer hills here

Wkend Season pass($99) Caberfae 5 times
    Boyne Mountain once$25
    Plus grandsons pass' ( priceless)
    I think I beat Obie
    Mapnut Hunter did you beat me?
    I'm currently at 52 days at 16 different areas, with most split between Sunday River and Loon. Still planning on 60 plus. Granite Gorge was the only new to me area this season. Sunday River this Sunday, of all days, is likely next up with a small chance of an afternoon at the Cat tomorrow, but the weather looks iffy.
    Yeah... but I didn't spend a penny on uphill access. Both times were comps.
    ciscokid said:

Bunch of braggarts

Yup. And I thought I skied a lot too, but compared to some of these numbers ... NOT.  I missed one Crotched too. See edit.
    Did anyone ski more than half the year?(183 days)

I think my best volume year was three yrs ago when I skied Nov'13 -Apr'14 with a 120" year here, even then maybe a bakers dozen.

I wish the little local hill(half hour away,Cannonsburg) had a comparable pass rate as Caberfae.( hour and half each way)
    Ok now u r rushing things. Perhaps Remski and me will hit the snowfields in June. That would get me close to 183
    ciscokid said:

Did anyone ski more than half the year?(183 days)

I think my best volume year was three yrs ago when I skied Nov'13 -Apr'14 with a 120" year here, even then maybe a bakers dozen.

I wish the little local hill(half hour away,Cannonsburg) had a comparable pass rate as Caberfae.( hour and half each way)

Even Killington is only at day 181 for the season and no SJer (other than Nelsbeer and me) have claimed over 100 days. That being said, if you include days skinned, one of my Killington friends (not an SJer) is already over 190 for this season.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 5,282
    Of course I never put any restrictions, I'm sure there are those who follow the snow all over the world get those kind of numbers, both pros and amateurs.

Some of us old grandpa hacks are tickled pink with double figures.

Needless to say we got some real semi pros here. A good crew⛷⛷⛷⛷on
    ciscokid said:

Mapnut Hunter did you beat me?

Nope. All my ski days this year are documented on this forum.