Hey all, been a while since ive been on this forum, looks to be alive and well. After a long last year or so of buying a new house and getting married, ive been able to find my way back to Nelsap contribution. The wife and I have created a list of closed areas for New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Maine. We will be checking off areas as we venture out to each. Over the last month I have been able to see the following:
1. King Ridge- New London, NH (skiable!)
2. Grantham Slopes- N. Grantham, NH
3. Ferncroft Valley- Danvers, MA (no residual evidence)
4. Locust Lawn- Danvers, MA
5. Cat Rock- Weston, MA (well maintained!)
6. Prospect Hill- Waltham, MA
7. Klein Innsbruck- Franklin, MA (overgrown and housing development)
8. Mt Whittier- Ossipee, NH (recent gondola line brush clearing!)
9. Boston Hill- Andover, MA (completely destroyed by construction)
10. Skyfields- Groton, MA
11. Dave Wright's Ski Area- Shrewsbury (Inaccessible to public)
...many more to come! Some of these I have taken update photos and will try and send to Nelsap, and will try and be more consistent with future areas with providing more pictures.
Today I visited King Ridge while on business in Lebanon, NH. Yes I hiked to the top wearing dress shoes and a tie. But im not in the area often so I had to take advantage!
Got out and hiked several others very extensively. Updates for NELSAP coming with many pictures for 2012:
1. Topsfield Ski Club- Topsfield, MA (well preserved)
2. Methuen/Merrimack Valley - Methuen, MA (Almost completely lost)
3. Oak Hill- Hanover, NH (Trails remain intact, no residual evidence of original Poma Lift)
4. King Ridge- New London, NH (many new pictures taken)
The old "Ski Valley" ski club is being reopend this year... We will have limited operations, but they should include tubing, a kick in Apre Ski and tubing crowd from Bristol Mountain, around the corner and a people from Hunt Hollow private ski club not so far away... We invite everyone to check out our 700 ft vertical, and soon to be added zip lines, and tubing park. We will be a four season restaurant too..
Bristol Ski Valley Resort (BSV Resort)
6586 County Rd 33
Naples, NY 14512