2018-19 Arms Race Friendly Bet 1st ski area in Your HOME STATE to be 100%

We had fun( or at least I did) last year with these predictions so let's do it again.

Predict the 1st ski area in you're residing state to have 100% of their SNOWMAKING TRAILS open with a date.( notice the change from last yr to snowmaking trails only)
One prediction only per entrant, I will be watching for editing)

Winner will get 2 free beers of their choice at Crotched at conclusion of snowjournal ski day Sunday 1/6/19 or a Bloody Mary

All contestants must have been on snowjournal for at least 1 year

I'm going with Mt Holly in Mich Thanksgiving 11/22/18

Comments

I'll go with Campgaw. 12/26
    Ciscikid I see how it is. Take my winning pick from last season. I will go with Pine Knob then
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 5,277
    Ted you're the only one who can put up w my numerous calls each day talking about weird things

Ted first issue of your day, put a date in

BM' at Cabby
    Pine Knob 11/28
    I'll go with Wildcat this Saturday, Nov 17th. Most open on natural, but open. I think 10 inches Friday will do it on top of the current base.
    Chuck you live IN NH?
    Yep. About a dozen years now.
    Can you make Crotched 1/6 Chuck?
    jaytrem took New Jersey so I'll say Dynamite Hill for NY
    ciscokid
    Can you make Crotched 1/6 Chuck?

I can probably make it Cisco. But that long 30 mile drive.....If work doesn't get in the way I should be able to get over at some point.
    So Cisco, it looks like I missed out on my pick of Wildcat 100% today, by one trail. The Cat was 43 of 48 trails today, but one closed trail, Black Cat, sees snowmaking. So close! I thought for sure they would drop all ropes for at least one day.
    Wow! Would love to see a pictured pow report
    Sorry Cisco, had to work today. Just reporting it was close to 100 percent today.
    Sam you get out to the Cat?
  • No, but I'll be at Cranmore today!
    - Sam
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 5,277
    43 of 48 open at the Cat!

Sam thank Kate Bennet for the $10 1/4 tix for me

Me thinks you should do the Cat for some pre Thanksgiving photos for us

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/2018/11/17/wildcat-opens-most-terrain-on-east-coast/

Why won't my link work anymore?
    Wow look at that Wildcat forecast!
    MRG was close today for VT- all but the Practice Slope trails
    Were you there?paradise pics?
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 3,575
    Nope, just lurking on web site. Pesky thing, work...gets in the way of my skiing time...
    I'm lurking at Wildcat but looking at this Magic
    https://nyskiblog.com
  • Magic will be 100% open tomorrow.
    - Sam
    ciscokid said:

I'm lurking at Wildcat but looking at this Magic
    https://nyskiblog.com

Wildcat was off the rails today. I'll try to put up a quick report later.
    Ciscokid Mt Holly should be very close by Friday.
    I was at Sugarbush yesterday after getting the 5 am "no school" phone call. I've never really had the chance to ski real powder and man-- there it was! The stuff down low was a bit on the heavy side but above Downspout on Heaven's Gate it was incredible-- knee deep in places but visibility was not that good due to the face shots and blowing snow. There was a line of people wanting to walk over to Castlerock.

Just as it was starting to get skied in and the visibility got better, we had a tree fall on the power lines feeding the area and had to shut down early... :-(
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." <div>Greg Stump</div>
  • I'll go with Bryce, VA on December 22.

Looks like some good snowmaking weather will hit the Mid-Atlantic c. December 5 and last about a week. Bryce has the advantage of a shaded bowl and - very important for winning contests of this nature - a smaller mountain to cover.

Woody
    Don't know if it counts, but Lincoln Peak at Sugarbush (Mt Ellen not open yet) will be 100% open Saturday. Yes, Castlerock only accessible from the Long Trail, but there you go...
  • Don't know if it counts, but Lincoln Peak at Sugarbush (Mt Ellen not open yet) will be 100% open Saturday. Yes, Castlerock only accessible from the Long Trail, but there you go...

Magic already beat them
    - Sam
    Well so far Chuckstah is closest in NH
    We really haven't had many predictions

Woody we are declaring you victory for the grand old state of Virginia, being you are the only one on here I know of from the grand old state of Virginia

Ted I declare you once again victorious for the flatland State of Michigan
    Bromley currently has three closed trails. Amazing for late November. I'll be up there tomorrow.
    <p abp="321"><strong abp="322">Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.</strong></p>