Pat's Peak New Triple Chair

ropeways.net | Home | 2018-02-05

Pats Peak Fans Loving New Peak Triple Chair

The ol’ Peak Double Chair at southern New Hampshire’s Pats Peak was a good one. But with a new triple chair lift Pats Peak has doubled the capacity of the lift from 800 to 1,600 people per hour. A conveyor carpet system makes loading easier and faster, cutting down on the ride time to the summit.

Guests are loving the new chairlift as it is easy to load with the conveyor system at the bottom. This is allowing for fewer stops and starts of the lift. They also love the short 6-minute ride to the top. This new lift doubles the capacity of the old lift,” Pats Peak's Lori Rowell told SnoCountry.com.

With a January thaw behind us, Pats Peak’s “base depths are still in good shape,” Rowell told us. The resort still has almost 100 percent of their trails and slopes open along with some gladed areas.
Improvements to snowmaking continue to be at the forefront of their upgrades with another $250,000 investment into their state-of-the-art 100 percent snowmaking coverage system. This year’s investment is the addition of six additional fan guns.

“We know that New England weather can be challenging with varying temperatures and levels of natural snowfall. That is why exceptional snowmaking capacity is a priority for us. We want to give our guests as much time as possible to enjoy the slopes every year. Fortunately, we have committed ownership who are willing to invest in the very best products, allowing us to provide this great service year after year,” commented General Manager, Kris Blomback.

Pats Peak was the first ski area in New Hampshire to offer snowmaking and continues today to be a ski industry leader. “With our new snow guns, we are able to open more terrain even faster and sustain it longer, even through stretches with marginal winter temperatures”, says Blomback.

Pats Peak is midway through their lodge expansion and renovation. When it is complete, it will add more seating, an elevator and new bathrooms along with expanded locker service. This year’s expansion work is on the middle A-frame of the lodge with more seating on the cafeteria level.

Source: "Snocountry.com"

Comments

Best ski lodge bathrooms I can remember. I love how the have a magic carpet next to the stairs on the deck. The whole operation of this place is a fine tuned machine.
  • Well,  the gearbox on the new lift fried last week (according to my sources) and they had to have an evac.  Don't know if it's back up yet.
  • Well,  the gearbox on the new lift fried last week (according to my sources) and they had to have an evac.  Don't know if it's back up yet.

I heard the same thing over the weekend..
    Website says it's open

So it just occurred to me that you might have been my source for this (remember discussing another areas gearbox issue on the chair at Crotched Sunday?)

• The new lift is great, it never once stopped, compared with the Borvig triple next to it which stopped and average of two times a ride. I also noticed the chairs at pats absolutely rip. As some one in the industry I definitly agree with Newman that it is a well oiled machine.

So it just occurred to me that you might have been my source for this (remember discussing another areas gearbox issue on the chair at Crotched Sunday?)

Could be.  If the guy was wearing no helmet and no goggles with a knit woolen hat, it was me.

Could be.  If the guy was wearing no helmet and no goggles with a knit woolen hat, it was me.
    Hmm. I don't recall actually. The guy I was chatting with that about had a blue coat and a radio.. that's all I remember. I was there coaching my u12/ u14 racers

Hmm. I don't recall actually. The guy I was chatting with that about had a blue coat and a radio.. that's all I remember. I was there coaching my u12/ u14 racers
    Yep - that's me!  And now I remember talking to you when you said above that you were coaching.  I don't remember how the subject of Pat's Peak came up in the conversation.