2017 Arms Race Friendly Bet- Name 1st Ski Area to be at 100% open IN YOUR STATE

Comments

First summary

Michigan- Mt Holly 12/14/17, runner up Caberfae 12/16/17

Vermont - Mad River Glen 12/17/17 runner up Stowe?

Other states?
    ciscokid said:

First summary

Michigan- Mt Holly 12/14/17, runner up Caberfae 12/16/17

Vermont - Mad River Glen 12/17/17 runner up Stowe?

Other states?

I'd say Jay is runner up. All but 3 trails open. Stowe is about 18 shy.
    Expecting a nice pictured report from Ted Reilly
    http://caberfaepeaks.com/the-mountain/snow-report/
    Colorado!!!  Small but mighty Ski Cooper -- best small ski area in the west -- is 100% open!!!

Colorado!!!  Small but mighty Ski Cooper -- best small ski area in the west -- is 100% open!!!

Yes but did you predict?
    Back in MA, WA WA pulls into the lead at 73% and 7 trails to go.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    Bouquet MA still holding strong at 0. Latest I can ever remember for them.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 5,277
    OK let's switch this over for kicks which area has the most skiable acreage open in addition to % of open terrain
    I.e. Killington let's say has 500 skiable acres open but only 50% of open trails

Ready for another summary?
    ciscokid said:

OK let's switch this over for kicks which area has the most skiable acreage open in addition to % of open terrain
    I.e. Killington let's say has 500 skiable acres open but only 50% of open trails

Ready for another summary?

Hijack. Still few predictions on this thread.
    Well boyneI have 30 days to be at 100 percent Ibrake4tbars Ted do you think they can get it all open by the time we get there?
    ciscokid said:

Well boyneI have 30 days to be at 100 percent Ibrake4tbars Ted do you think they can get it all open by the time we get there?

looking at the forecast for the next two weeks I would say yes. Forecast calls for cold and lake effect snow
    Nubs at 100% 12/22
    Blowing away the Boyne's

https://www.nubsnob.com/december-19th-nubs/
    ciscokid said:

Nubs at 100% 12/22
    Blowing away the Boyne's

NSR, but have you been to Mount Bohemia? I've just watched a few YouTube videos and its looks insane for mid-west standards.

<p abp="321"><strong abp="322">Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.</strong></p>
    sugarloaf said:

ciscokid said:

Nubs at 100% 12/22
    Blowing away the Boyne's

NSR, but have you been to Mount Bohemia? I've just watched a few YouTube videos and its looks insane for mid-west standards.

A good friend of mine has been to Bohemia and he has also skied out west many times at lots of different places and he said that Bohemia is Insaine for even out west standards. Only thing is it is in the middle of no where.
    sugarloaf said:

ciscokid said:

Nubs at 100% 12/22
    Blowing away the Boyne's

Nsr? Forgive me I am not Sam, I do. Not understand
    No sir re?

Going to Bohemia in early Feb
    Not doing any cliffs
    NSR- not subject related. I wanted to ask about Mount Bohemia since you live in Michigan and seemed to have visited alot of places.
    <p abp="321"><strong abp="322">Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.</strong></p>
    sugarloaf said:

NSR- not subject related. I wanted to ask about Mount Bohemia since you live in Michigan and seemed to have visited alot of places.

After our January 20-22 trips Nubs knob boyne mountain I have a personal trip to the UP plan for February 3-10 starting in Gaylord Michigan going to iron Mountain Michigan to ski Vulcan and perhaps Pine Mountain and they mount small but mighty ski Bruhl then on over to Ironwood Michigan to ski Indianhead and big Powderhorn with a free night yet to be had at whitecap Wisconsin and a ski the day there, and then up to Bohemia perhaps a day of powder skiing in on the powder cat cat skiing and then an afternoon at Mount Ripley and then down to Marquette Mountain and then back down over the bridge to ski the Otsego ski club with the minor Denver Lifes Lifes where the Tele car used to be I have to tell them to correct their sign so in all I hope the views my white gold ski card to bring the average cost down to about $15 per day or per outing

Like I said there is still an open invitation to anyone who would like to join me for nights a free lodging and I will even pay for the other nights or you have to do is come to my home in the Grand Rapids area and I will do the rest just bring beer money
    Anyway we lost a lot of snow here last couple days but are getting ready for some more I need ski areas out east at 100 percent still?
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 2,962
    Wild Mountain in Taylor Falls is now at 100%, as far as I know first in Minnesota

Shows their center pole quad chair plus a very brief look inside the pump house

Wild Mountain in Taylor Falls is now at 100%, as far as I know first in Minnesota

Shows their center pole quad chair plus a very brief look inside the pump house

Hey they got a safety bar in the Midwest in Minnesota, but it certainly does not look like a riblet to me what brand is it?
  • Borving, like the one at Tussey
    - Sam
    Montana Snowbowl (Missoula) After 3 feet this week, 100% open, trees and all. 2 fixed grip doubles serving 1000 acres means good snow preservation.  It is a bit chilly now, though.
    Stan51 said:

Montana Snowbowl (Missoula) After 3 feet this week, 100% open, trees and all. 2 fixed grip doubles serving 1000 acres means good snow preservation.  It is a bit chilly now, though.

Stan any pictured white report?
    imageimage
    Would love to see a video of this t in action( and ibrake would too)

• I think MRG might be the first major VT/New England area to announce 100% open.  Dec. 25, 2017 - 45 of 45.

I think MRG might be the first major VT/New England area to announce 100% open.  Dec. 25, 2017 - 45 of 45.

They were 100% on Dec. 17....as predicted :)]

This was intended to be a prediction thread, not an observation thread. Oh well, all good since there's snow!

Just get out you woolies for the rest of the week....brrr.

I think MRG might be the first major VT/New England area to announce 100% open.  Dec. 25, 2017 - 45 of 45.

Somebody has a short noon til 3:45 window to send me a video of a nonstop run on chute and liftline under the single for a Christmas gift, thanks in advance⛷⛷⛷