Where are you skiing or boarding next during the spring season April till when ever it ends.

Comments

• ski_itski_it expert
    edited May 2016 Posts: 1,588
    If Remski is throwing in the towel, then damn it, so am I!
    Springtime family commitments; Easter, weddings, birthdays; has effectively ended my season. C'est la vie.
    Just checked out the Wildcat summit cam, some poor guy is sitting at the picnic table in the fog with no snow in sight.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    I'm heading to Killington this weekend most likely Sunday.
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    Stowe this weekend for their closing weekend. Sugarbush until their lifts stop spinning. Then some hiking up Bolton to hit the "patches". I will probably make it down to Killington sometime next month for some Superstar fun. I might fit in a Tuckerman's trip next month as well.
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    edited April 19 Posts: 1,663
    I anticipate between 5 and 10 more days at Killington before they shut down.  That should get my cost down to about $15 per day on my Spring-fling pass!
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    Killington again next weekend.who else will be there?
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    next day out Sundar River on Monday!
  • ChuckstahChuckstah advanced
    Remski said:

next day out Sundar River on Monday!

See you there! Planning Wildcat>SR>SR next 3 days as long as it's not pouring. Monday looks a bit iffy.
    Wildcat is toasted up top. Mid/lower Lynx is still skiing good in most spots. imageimage
    Screenshot_2017-04-29-15-06-26.png
    854 x 480 - 579K
    Screenshot_2017-04-29-15-07-25.png
    854 x 480 - 580K
  • CannonballCannonball advanced
    Sunday River was a blast today. But it's getting ugly. It was exactly the day I needed to feel like it's legitimately over and time to move on. Also got a nice MTB ride in after snowboarding.
    IMG_20170429_110935876_HDR.jpg
    4008 x 5344 - 6M
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    Ya I'm heading to Killington Mon. because the 3 hr. drive to SundayRiver is just not worth it now.
    Remski said:

Ya I'm heading to Killington Mon. because the 3 hr. drive to SundayRiver is just not worth it now.

Good call.  SR was fun today, but only 2 trails and they are both toasted.  I bailed on both SR and the Loaf for tomorrow, and headed home.  Rain in the forecast didn't help. At the very least, you know SS has a good base.
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    I'm going to try for Sunday at Killington weather permitting.
    Looking forward to the auto rd. opening for some snowfield action. It's snowing up there as I post this. Around 3" so far today.
  • LiftGuyLiftGuy advanced
    Bill29 said:

Anyone going west? I understand parts of Colorado got up to four feet of snow last weekend, and parts of Wyoming got un to two feet. Don't know what that has done for what's left (if anything) of the ski season out there. 

<blockquote class
    Got a friend coming this weekend from North Carolina so will ski ABasin on Sunday for "the experience".
  • LiftGuyLiftGuy advanced
    4 inches of fresh this morning but Sunday will be Spring Skiing at its finest!
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    I'll be opening my camper this wknd so no skiing for me but I plan on skiing somewhere the next wknd hoping for the snowfields but Killington will suffice.
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    Killington Sat.
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    Dumping in Front Range of CO right now...
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    Powder day at A basin. The line this morning was huge, longer than opening day weekend.
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    Wow! Enjoy it while it last. Wish we had 1/4 of that snow here in the East.
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    Weather permitting I'll be on the snowfields next weekend. Didn't think the road would open to the top this passed weekend so I missed out on the biggest and best this spring. Best weather day next weekend for sure and that won't suck I hope.
    Weather permitting, I'll be back at Killington.  Memorial Day at Mt. Washington? Too crowded for me!
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    To crowded! There's no liftlines. I Won't be in the ravine.
    Remski said:

Too crowded! There's no liftlines. I Won't be in the ravine.

Where to you go? The snowfields?
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    That's the place.
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    Trying for the snowfields this Saturday and the weather may be decent for a change.
    With June 1 at Killington, I'm done for 2016-7!
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    Anyone else going up Saturday?
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Thinking about Sunday. Have you heard any "condition" reports?
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • RemskiRemski advanced
    Great time up there Saturday we were 1st ones up the road and the first to ski the snowfields. Perfect snow and weather conditions. Did 4 runs and done for this season with 9 months under our belts on skis. Only a dozen people up there.