Bromley 12-1-2018

edited December 3 in NELSAP Forum
I skied Bromley yesterday with my son. Very unusual ski conditions for Early December. About 75% of the opened terrain was natural snowcover. There where some damp areas with thin cover, but no bare spots.

No crowds yesterday and all lifts where ski on. The weather was mostly cloudy, but the summit was occasionally in the clear and above the clouds.These pictures are curtosey of my son.

imageimageimageimageimageimage
Bromley.jpg
485 x 485 - 21K
IMG95201812019514155495205.jpg
1295 x 971 - 114K
IMG952018120195113203.jpg
915 x 686 - 103K
IMG952018120195115259.jpg
970 x 1295 - 118K
IMG952018120195085257.jpg
1374 x 1831 - 130K
IMG9510181.jpg
456 x 342 - 33K

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

Comments

• Wow, Sugarloaf. Looks like great conditions and a surreal weather day!

Thanks for the report and photos.

Woody
  • These are so stunning.
  • Please have your son give a snowjournal picture posting lesson

Super shots
  • He has to take up the slack. Dad doesn't have the balance for on slope picture taking.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• Wow, amazing undercast!
    - Sam
  • The first picture has Stratton summit peaking out of the clouds.

• edited December 3
    Beautiful ski pics thanks for sharing. I had a similar view of Stratton Saturday sans the Sun since I was looking north from Mt Snow, but nevertheless I wouldn't of framed it that lovely.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • edited December 3
    Panorama photo of the summit:
    PANO952018120195100002.vr.jpg
    2592 x 534 - 130K

• edited December 4
    Gorgeous photos. I've seen photographs of Saturday's inversion from other places in New England as well.

Bromley can be really fun with good cover. I was at Stratton on Saturday and it got crowded there on the groomed terrain, esp late morning. The ungroomed and trees stayed quiet all day.