How 'bout a snowjournal meet up in New Hampshire?

edited October 15 in The Hook-Up
Showing cheap rt air of $314 from Boston, similar from Ny, from 22nd-29 th of Jan and wonder if there's any interest in a Big Sky/ Bridger B, and a West Yellowstone snowmobile outing?
Newark nonstop $297!

Who's got the IKON pass?
http://www.twotopsnowmobile.com/packages.htm

Comments

• Add a side trip to Discovery... you won't be disappointed.
  • > @jgreco said:
    > Add a side trip to Discovery... you won't be disappointed.

Funny I just put them #1 in some liftopia poll.

I did the the ewr-boz flight once, was real nice timing, could get half a day in at Bridger. That's a nice price.
  • ~50-75 Pugskiers will be at Big Sky the week of Feb 24, many probably doing a day at Bridger too. Fun bunch.
  • Well I just got off the phone with my brother and I am invited to stay in Plymouth New Hampshire January 5-12. So this may be finally the year I get to go to Tenney

Not much interest in Montana
  • Brilliant idea if Tenney is open I’d be up for a Snowjournal meet-up there or any other ski area in that vicinity.
  • Black Mt could use some love. Just sayin'
  • Ditto that.
  • > @lotsoskiing said:
    > Black Mt could use some love. Just sayin'

Yea it's on my list
    Lost boy
  • I spoke to the GM of Crotched Mountain. If there is interest from the SJ community to have it at CM, he is willing to offer a discount on the lift tickets for those who would come who do not already have a Peak Resorts Pass.
  • Would that gm be Chris?
  • ciscokid said:

Would that gm be Chris?

Negative. Believe it or not it's about 7 years since Chris was GM! How time flies.

The current GM, Pat Murphey, follows SJ , but is not a member/poster.
  • Where did Chris go?
    ciscokid said:

Where did Chris go?

He's somewhere in NH - but I forget where. He is still on SJ: You could PM him
  • He be at WV
  • He’s not at Crotched any longer?
  • You gotta remember IIRC that Cisco can just about walk from his brother Rockets (JK) place to Tenney or Red Hill or Campton. But that will require Mother Nature to cooperate
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • edited October 19
    I would love to do a meet up at Crotched if I'm around. I'll be at Black, ME almost every weekend, if anyone wants to meet there sometime.
    - Sam
  • > @ski_it said:
    > You gotta remember IIRC that Cisco can just about walk from his brother Rockets (JK) place to Tenney or Red Hill or Campton. But that will require Mother Nature to cooperate

My brother is Dave not the other Jeremy, I still don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Yea it's been since 1/'05 since my one and only one ski trip to NH. That was a year before I joined SJ.

Maybe we can get Steve Rivercoil to tell us some stories at the Common Man and I finally get to know what ski_it's name is.

Sam Black is definitely a place I want to vitsit, bewtween the Mueller towers there and Tenney...
  • edited October 19
    > @ciscokid said:
    > > @ski_it said:
    > > You gotta remember IIRC that Cisco can just about walk from his brother Rockets (JK) place to Tenney or Red Hill or Campton. But that will require Mother Nature to cooperate
    >
    > My brother is Dave not the other Jeremy, I still don't have a clue what you're talking about.
    >
    > Yea it's been since 1/'05 since my one and only one ski trip to NH. That was a year before I joined SJ.
    >
    > Maybe we can get Steve Rivercoil to tell us some stories at the Common Man and I finally get to know what ski_it's name is.
    >
    > Sam Black is definitely a place I want to vitsit, bewtween the Mueller towers there and Tenney...

I actually meant the other Black, which is at least as fun. Black, MH and Denney are still two of my favorites. The lattice at Tenney are actually Stadelis.
    - Sam
  • edited October 19
    > @ciscokid said:
    > My brother is Dave not the other Jeremy, I still don't have a clue what you're talking about.
    >
    For some strange reason I have this belief that Dave & Jeremy2 live(d) in the same town. That’s all.

If u invite Rivercoil he’ll want to take u down Kinsman or Tramline. ;)
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • If we’re doing a NH meet up in January count me in! Happy to fly into Manchester.
  • > @IBRAKEFORTBARS said:
    > If we’re doing a NH meet up in January count me in! Happy to fly into Manchester.

January would be perfect for me, because I'll be back on winter break.
    - Sam
  • I’ll meet anywhere in NH (a hush falls over the crowd) except at The Balsams.
  • Well the boss gave me the approval after spending a small fortune in Alaska.

Now you guys have to convince this big old baby( Bob) his big old body can handle a week in NH.

Well Ibrake4tbars if your in I'm in

Jan 5-12
  • edited October 20
    Well Waterville is on my never been list, maybe Chris can have a snowjournal special

Actually with Cannons2 fer Tues and Thursday and Bretton wed most tickets will be in the $40 range which is a bargain
  • I think Crotched would be the perfect place for a SJ meetup, because of its history with the group and proximity to many users. It would be best for me.
    - Sam
  • Hey Crotchety, Bobcat, and Temple!
    IMG_5374.JPG
    640 x 480 - 189K
  • Crotched sounds great! Gotta throw in a Whaleback run, though: can’t go to NH and not ride a Hall t-bar with the gang!
  • I should add: the weekend of the 19th works best for me. I can’t pull off a whole week in January. I can swing an extended weekend though. I would fly into Manchester on a Friday and fly out late Monday or Tuesday.

Cannot wait to see what these Crotched glades are all about!