Ski magazine editors choice. Cannon Mtn

edited September 27 in NELSAP Forum
Apparently bots can write believable articles now. This is not a good example. This is more like a madlib.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skimag.com/.amp/ski-resort-life/cannon-mountain

Comments

• Yikes, that’s bad :#
    - Sam
  • That bot, or intern, loves parentheses (no, really, they do).
  • And, they also love to begin sentences with conjunctions.
  • edited September 27
    Here's another gem from the editors of SKI magazine...

What’s close to a big city, gets more than 500 inches of snow per year, and boasts 8,400 skiable acres? This is a joke, right? Nope, Powder Mountain is just such a unicorn.

• What was that? If I were a rep from Cannon, I'd be on the phone asking the editors if they actually had visited the ski resort.
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • Nothing says delicious like bringing your own tuna sandwich to sit in your ski bag until lunch!

"In the days of chairlifts to everywhere...." Well, hasn't this been the case for 50 years?
  • "There's also a bar and food available for purchase, if that's your thing." Isn't that "the thing" for literally millions of skiers? 99 percent of ski areas sell food. Why is that newsworthy?
  • I've pretty much given up on ski magazines. The focus is all on the West and surprise, the biggest advertisers are western areas. The East is a bastard child to the big guys.

Ditto for NSP. They have a program through Subaru where they picked nine patrollers to drive a Subaru decked out in NSP colors to be an ambassador. The vast majority of patrollers are in the east and only three patrols-- one in Ohio, one in Maine and one in MA-- the rest were Colorado and points west. No one from the Midwest, no one from Southern Region, etc, etc.
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • bmwskier said:

They have a program through Subaru where they picked nine patrollers to drive a Subaru decked out in NSP colors to be an ambassador.

I wondered what that was! There's some guy here in NW NJ who tools around in one of those. I suppose if you must drive a subaru, that's not a bad way to do it ;)

• I wondered what that was! There's some guy here in NW NJ who tools around in one of those. I suppose if you must drive a subaru, that's not a bad way to do it ;)

Some of the leadership of NSP also gets one. A friend of mine was a board rep and he was given one for his time on the board. He had to pay for gas and insurance for it though. That person may be one of the board reps or someone like that as well.
    Greg Stump