Comments

• AHHH! And it begins. What a sight for longing eyes. More of that.
  • wont be long folks
    ~Rich~
  • Cold enough up North for tests Monday morning? Bring it on.
  • Tomorrow morning at higher altitudes.
  • edited September 23
    6pm and I can confirm the temps are dropping FAST up here in VT. It's already down to a chilly 46° up on top of the mountain in Searsburg. I mean if they wanted to Snow could probably have a lot of fun tonight. It's going to be colder than was forecasted in a couple hours and they were saying 34° as is.

Update: Just after 10PM and it's down to 38 up there on top of Searsburg now. Mt Snow has another 1,000 ft of elevation at least. They're definitely getting very close to snowmaking territory tonight. Also, not a single cloud in the sky as far as the eye can see.
  • It was 35 at Burke yesterday morning. It's coming!
  • 34 here in Farmington yesterday
    - Sam
  • Never above 60 and below 37 in Alaska( Denali below 3k')
  • Not snow making and not in the east, but Wolf Creek, CO opens Saturday for what will likely be first in the country on all natural snow.

https://kdvr.com/2018/10/10/wolf-creek-ski-area-to-open-saturday-says-it-will-be-first-in-nation/
  • Wowser
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • I'll bet KMart gets rolling Sunday night
  • Sunday's Killington forecast is calling for snow! Maybe we'll be starting the 2018-9 season next week!
  • edited October 12

I'll bet KMart gets rolling Sunday night

Too warm Sunday night, their window begins tonight until mid day Sunday. A very marginal window at that. Another short marginal one Monday night, and then beginning Wednesday, a much colder window.
  • Yahoo! Maybe next Friday or sometime next weekend fingers crossed 🤞!!!!!
  • edited October 16
    Big cold starting tomorrow should be a big push to get snow made at Killington & Sunday River fingers crossed. It also looks good for cold early next week.
  • edited October 16
    Snow is being made on Superstar this morning! Here it come people. North Ridge is getting some love too. Now Sunday River is going at it on T2.
  • Sunday River is blowing top to bottom on Locke Mtn. Looks like T2 and Punch top to bottom from the cam. Hopefully we get a TTB opening on Friday.
    Screenshot_20181016-103550.png
    720 x 1280 - 402K
  • Snow is being made on Killington as I type!
  • I'll bet KMart gets rolling Sunday night
    newpylong said:

I'll bet KMart gets rolling Sunday night

Too warm Sunday night, their window begins tonight until mid day Sunday. A very marginal window at that. Another short marginal one Monday night, and then beginning Wednesday, a much colder window.
    ok, so I was off by one night...
  • Arapahoe basin is opening for the season on 10/19/18.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• Killington announced they are opening on Friday, Oct. 19, for Season Pass holders and Express Pass holders.
  • Nice! I'm hoping Sunday River opens for all so I can get in a few hours Friday afternoon. I'm thinking soft open for SR Thursday pm to beat out K, if they can get enough down on T2. Usually a 12 hour window at good temps will be enough for marginal conditions.
  • Chuckstah said:

Nice! I'm hoping Sunday River opens for all so I can get in a few hours Friday afternoon. I'm thinking soft open for SR Thursday pm to beat out K, if they can get enough down on T2. Usually a 12 hour window at good temps will be enough for marginal conditions.

Nothing on their web-site to suggest that might be happening. Have you heard differently?
  • edited October 18
    26 degrees here, first hard frost
  • Mount Snow lit up their guns overnight!!
  • Kmart opening tomorrow for passholders; Saturday for general public. (Remember that band??).
  • Chuckstah said:

Nice! I'm hoping Sunday River opens for all so I can get in a few hours Friday afternoon. I'm thinking soft open for SR Thursday pm to beat out K, if they can get enough down on T2. Usually a 12 hour window at good temps will be enough for marginal conditions.

Nothing on their web-site to suggest that might be happening. Have you heard differently?
  • > @joshua_segal said:
    > Nice! I'm hoping Sunday River opens for all so I can get in a few hours Friday afternoon. I'm thinking soft open for SR Thursday pm to beat out K, if they can get enough down on T2. Usually a 12 hour window at good temps will be enough for marginal conditions.
    >
    > Nothing on their web-site to suggest that might be happening. Have you heard differently?

No. It's just something they have done in the past with little to no advance notice.
  • Sunday River posted that they are making snow T2B.
    - Sam