Lodging recommendations near Norwich University

Looking for a suggestion for lodging near Norwich University. I am hoping to go up next weekend to visit my nephew, and also see our friend's kid play football against Norwich for Springfield College. I am familiar with many places near Killington, and Sugarbush, but was hoping for something closer to the school. TIA

Comments

• There's a Comfort Inn in Berlin 15 mins away.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • ditto...was going to suggest the Comfort Inn up at the Barre exit.
  • edited September 21
    I stayed there a couple times within the last 5-8 years. It was in good shape then
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Someday I will learn how to pronounce Barre, not even sure if VT & MA are said the same way. I think I have Berlin down pat.
  • edited September 21
    ski_it said:

Someday I will learn how to pronounce Barre, not even sure if VT & MA are said the same way. I think I have Berlin down pat.

"barry" in VT. No idea down south, or in PA (Wilkes-Barre)

And it is "Burrlin" (emphasis on first syllable) not "Berlinn" (like the city in Germany)
  • Betsys BnB in Montpelier is good--
    Maplecroft in Barre is also pretty good.
    Capital Plaza in Montpelier is awesome-- great breakfast.
    The Inn at Montpelier is also very good-- depends on how much you want to spend.
    There's also a couple of other places down towards Randolph if you want to stay to the south of the campus.
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump