Freedom Pass 2018-19

I noticed that the updated list of Freedom Pass mountains is up on Bolton Valley's website:

https://boltonvalley.com/tickets-passes-rentals/seasons-passes/Freedom-Pass

Several new areas added, mostly out west. The deal appears to be the same as last year -- passholders of each mountain get three free day tickets at every other mountain. Nice to see the small mountains banding together in this age of mega-resort consolidation.

Comments

• That's great to see! This will be my second year as a Freedom Pass holder.
    - Sam
  • edited September 11
    Whaleback Season Pass currently $249? If I read that correctly? If that gets me three days Black, Plattekill, Magic, Bolton....wow

Now it says $275. Still a good deal

• edited September 11
    The prices have not changed at Whaleback yet. $249 is a Young Adult, $275 is a Youth/Senior. $299 for Adult. They usually do these rates 9/1-9/30 then it bumps.

Yes all Unlimited (full week) passes at Freedom partner mountains are included in the program w/3 comp days.
  • thanks for clarification!

• $289 McIntyre $335 Dartmouth
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • First time Freedom Pass holder this year. I bought McIntryre's pass back when it was $239, but had I known Dartmouth would come in at the still-quite-reasonable price of $335, I would've opted for that. I probably won't ski McIntryre at all due to its size, but Dartmouth after a decent dump can be fun.
  • Wait did we already talk about this one? Buy a midweek WB $184 and:
    KILLINGTON RESORT: UP TO 50% OFF TICKETS ALL YEAR

50% off Sunday through Friday lift ticket (except for Peak Dates)
    25% off Saturday or "peak"/holiday 1-day lift ticket (except for Peak Dates)
    Only applies to unlimited and midweek passes, this includes the family pass
    This offer is limited to one (1) discounted 1-day lift ticket per day, per pass holder, not transferable.

RAGGED MOUNTAIN

50% off day tickets Sunday-Friday, non-holiday ONLY
    MAGIC MOUNTAIN

50% off weekday and weekend tickets, without ANY restrictions
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Yes, but mid week (restricted) passes are not valid in the Freedom program. Must be a full week pass.
  • > @newpylong said:
    > Yes, but mid week (restricted) passes are not valid in the Freedom program. Must be a full week pass.

> @newpylong said:
    > Yes, but mid week (restricted) passes are not valid in the Freedom program. Must be a full week pass.
    True but 50% off Kpeak might save some people money. IDK have to crunch the numbers
  • Oh sorry, yes that is a great deal for WB passholders. Depending on your pass you can make that cost up within 2 visits on a Sunday.
  • newpylong said:

Oh sorry, yes that is a great deal for WB passholders. Depending on your pass you can make that cost up within 2 visits on a Sunday.

Ugh, I got the price wrong even after I should have known better. The midweek is currently $249 adult. Mid-week passes are valid Tuesday-Friday, non-holiday and include full partner mountain benefits but are NOT included in the Freedom Pass program.

The unlimited is $299 adult and include full partner mountain benefits AND are included in the Freedom Pass.

• edited September 18
    Yah the Freedom mountains only accept full week passes for the Freedom program but Whaleback negotiates with their direct partners (K and Ragged this year) so that they take any pass. $299 great deal for all those benefits.
  • Are there holiday blackouts on the 3 tickets to other areas? Do you get the ticket vouchers when you pick up your season pass? Wondering how that process works. This is definitely an option for next season for me. Might be nice to do a season long tour of some lesser known areas.
  • I used it last year, and it worked very smoothly. You don't get vouchers in advance - just show up at the other areas and show them the season pass to your home mountain. They'll keep track of how many times you've skied so that you don't use more than 3. I don't believe there are any blackout dates for holidays, etc., but I'm not sure the other mountains will honor it if your home mountain is closed for the season.
  • > @naturalsnow said:
    > I used it last year, and it worked very smoothly. You don't get vouchers in advance - just show up at the other areas and show them the season pass to your home mountain. They'll keep track of how many times you've skied so that you don't use more than 3. I don't believe there are any blackout dates for holidays, etc., but I'm not sure the other mountains will honor it if your home mountain is closed for the season.

I used it as well. There are no blackout dates and it still works even if your home mountain is closed.
    - Sam
  • No blackout dates and season long use of the extra 3 tickets per area definitely bumps up my consideration of this option! The big problem with pre-purchasing vouchers and deals is that most of them are blacked out (excepting the Mad Card, but MRG on a holiday is tough). Smaller areas area a great way to escape holiday crowds.