Jay Peak/Burke EB-5 Settlement Announcement at 1:30 p.m. Today

Will this take us one step closer to finding out more about Jay/Burke's sale?

https://vtdigger.org/2018/07/11/gov-ag-make-settlement-announcement-eb-5-fraud-case/

Comments

• edited July 14
    Maybe the townsfolk can hand of them each a shovel and have them fill in that big hole they made in the center of town, which I presume is still there.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Article was updated:

State officials on Thursday announced the details of Vermont’s settlement with Jay Peak developers who masterminded a “Ponzi-like” scheme that bilked foreign investors of more than $200 million.

Attorney General TJ Donovan and Gov. Phil Scott called journalists to a press conference in the Northeast Kingdom to announce the settlement.

Ariel Quiros, who owned Jay Peak and previously settled with the federal securities agency $81 million, will surrender five Vermont properties in order to cover a $2 million penalty imposed by the state.

Bill Stenger will pay the state $100,000 over five years. He previously settled with the Securities and Exchange Commission for $75,000.

All of the money will go toward development projects in Newport.
  • who owns what at this point?

• edited July 14
    Development projects in Newport? I guess that’s good news. Fool me once..fool me twice?
    I’ll hold my breath
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA