Guess This Area (Crotched Mountain) 6/20/2018

What ski area did I get a view of? And does anyone know where I was when I took the picture?image
20180620_115035.jpg
2560 x 1440 - 2M
- Sam

Comments

• Sunnapee?
    ~Rich~
  • ADKskier said:

Sunnapee?

Not Sunapee
    - Sam
  • Loon so. Peak
  • Remski said:

Loon so. Peak

Not Loon
    - Sam
  • It's in NH
    - Sam
  • Might be King Ridge from Kearsage.
  • Holt's Ledge side of Dartmouth Skiway, from trail up Smart's Mt?
  • Not King Ridge or Dartmouth
    - Sam
  • Attitash?
  • Chuckstah said:

Attitash?

Not Attitash
    - Sam
  • Ragged?
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Snow's Mtn from Mt Tecumseh?
  • No correct guesses yet. I'm quite surprised it is taking this long.
    - Sam
  • WV from Snows
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • Pats from Kearsarge
  • edited June 25
    Still nothing correct.

I would give more hints, but such a large portion of the ski area is visible, I wouldn't think they are needed
    - Sam
  • Cranmore?

Nope...
    - Sam
  • Hmm. I’m wondering if this is Wildcat.
  • Also thought it might be Mittersill but I’m not sure.
  • Never mind: this is Crotched.
  • edited June 26

Never mind: this is Crotched.

Yes, it is Crotched. Joshua must be kicking himself
    - Sam

Not at all. Even after you tell me, I don't see anything recognizable. Where was it taken from?
  • It matches a trail map plus the location of the slope side condos and chalets with the service road.

Not at all. Even after you tell me, I don't see anything recognizable. Where was it taken from?
    From the north peak of Hedgehog Mountain in Deerfield
    - Sam
  • Thanks for getting this one Ibrake. Geesh I’m bad at these...my excuse - my views of mtns are mainly from the trails...yeah right. I don’t get those either.
    But wait you can see condos & chalets in that pic??? If you can, can u make out JS lounging on his deck too?
  • > @ski_it said:
    > Thanks for getting this one Ibrake. Geesh I’m bad at these...my excuse - my views of mtns are mainly from the trails...yeah right. I don’t get those either.
    > But wait you can see condos & chalets in that pic??? If you can, can u make out JS lounging on his deck too?

Don’t know about JS and his condo! 😂 I will say this: Crotched sure gets a lotta love on SJ. Folks here must know something I don’t and I probably need to ski this for myself. Ciscokid, a Midwest road trip should be on the docket, don’t you think?

IBRAKE
  • edited July 1

Don’t know about JS and his condo! 😂 I will say this: Crotched sure gets a lotta love on SJ. Folks here must know something I don’t and I probably need to ski this for myself. Ciscokid, a Midwest road trip should be on the docket, don’t you think?

Chris Bradford, Mr. SnowJournal 1.0, recruited a bunch of us while he worked at Crotched. And yes, you should ski it, especially when the glades are in play.
  • edited July 1
    Yes the glades (ah yes the glades) make it 50% larger but even without them when the trails are at 100% it’s a fun day on the snow.
    And NES13, I think you meant Deering not Deerfield I believe.