Boyne purchases Seven Ski Resorts

mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 457
http://www.dbusiness.com/daily-news/Annual-2018/Boyne-Resorts-in-Northern-Michigan-Acquires-Sevens-Resorts-and-Attractions/

Included in the transaction are Brighton Resort in Big Cottonwood Canyon near Salt Lake City; Cypress Mountain in Vancouver, British Columbia; Gatlinburg SkyLift in Gatlinburg, Tenn.; Loon Mountain Resort in New Hampshire; Sugarloaf and Sunday River Resort in Maine; and The Summit at Snoqualmie near Seattle.

Comments

The attached link says Boyne owns three resorts in Michigan alongside Big Sky in MT. I know about Boyne Mt. and Boyne Highlands but what is the third?

Ciscokid, you’re the grand poobah of all things Michigan skiing so maybe help a brother out? :D

IBRAKE
  • TreillyTreilly advanced

The attached link says Boyne owns three resorts in Michigan alongside Big Sky in MT. I know about Boyne Mt. and Boyne Highlands but what is the third?

Ciscokid, you’re the grand poobah of all things Michigan skiing so maybe help a brother out? :D

IBRAKE

The Inn at Bay Harbor
  • newmannewman advanced
    Interesting Over Gatlinburg got sold by the original family. A strange resort for skiing. The possibilities for income from non skiing activities is endless. I just don't see how this fits into their plan?
  • PeterPeter intermediate
    The Ober Gatlinburg ski resort is a separate facility from the Gatlinburg Sky Lift.  Boyne has operated the latter since 1954.
  • newmannewman advanced
    Peter said:

The Ober Gatlinburg ski resort is a separate facility from the Gatlinburg Sky Lift.  Boyne has operated the latter since 1954.</blockquote
    So that's the lift ride from town with a gift shop on the summit. I guess that's a resort?

• TomWhiteTomWhite expert

Boyne Resorts Completes Purchase of Leased Ski Areas

Loon, Sugarloaf, and Sunday River
    are now owned and operated by the company.

Wednesday, May 9, 2018, NewEnglandSkiIndustry.com

After over a decade of operating the ski areas, Boyne Resorts has purchased its
    six leased areas from Ski Resort Holdings, LLC. The purchase price has not been
    announced.

Boyne has operated Loon, Sugarloaf, Sunday River since entering into a lease
    agreement with CNL Lifestyle Properties in 2007. Sugarloaf and Sunday River
    were acquired for $77 million in August 2007, while the Loon lease was
    transferred in October 2007, as the American Skiing Company and Booth Creek
    unloaded their New England holdings.

CNL's ski resort holdings were acquired by Ski Resort Holdings, an affiliate of
    Oz Real Estate/Och-Ziff Capital Management, in the spring of 2017.

Boyne CFO Roland Andreasson stated the company looks forward to with Oz Real
    Estate on new opportunities in the future.

When the transaction was first announced in March, Boyne referenced plans to
    "accelerate and fine tune" investment in the resorts.

According to Boyne Resorts President and CEO Stephen Kircher at the time,
    "Our intention all along has been to regain and acquire ownership of these
    resorts."

The transaction also includes Brighton, Cypress Mountain, Gatlinburg Sky Lift,
    and The Summit at Snoqualmie.

newman said:

So that's the lift ride from town with a gift shop on the summit. I guess that's a resort

If it was a ski mountain, it would be the third most visited in the company. No joke.
  • 4aprice4aprice advanced
    Boyne needs to get their hands on Solitude Ut.  

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    Boyne needs to get their hands on Solitude Ut.  

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    They almost did.