Alpinezone Down???

SullySully intermediate
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 63
Been a good three/four days the site has been unreachable, before that it was touch and go for a solid week or so. 

Comments

• ChuckstahChuckstah advanced
    It has been down for a few days, but it seems to be working for me now.  For how long, who knows?
  • jaytremjaytrem advanced
    edited May 7 Posts: 207
    Was up briefly yesterday. Seems to be down again.
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    I haven't been able to access for the past four/five days.
  • z1000307470z1000307470 advanced
    I have not been able to get on for 4-5 days now and I just tried and it is still not working.
  • CannonballCannonball advanced
    It's a shame because there was a lot of quality content on there from years past. At least in the case of Epic there was an announcement and a timeline that allowed for some degree of archiving. It looks like AZ is just abandoned.
  • SullySully intermediate
    I'm kind of surprised, it would seem as though May 1st the site started going down and within a day or two it went offline for basically everyone. The main board was very active right up until the last time I logged in, even a little more than we are on here (which seems to be steadily growing and growing which is really great to see having been a long time 1.0 member). I'm assuming it will come back at some point here, but that is starting to seem unlikely.
    edited May 8 Posts: 207
    When it did come up for me the other day there were no recent posts in the main forum. Didn't really look elsewhere, figured they fixed the problem, guess not.
    Just checked their Facebook page. Seems they're aware of the issues and trying to fix.
  • DrJeffDrJeff advanced
    I know from his Facebook page, that Nick, the owner of AZ, has been at Disney with his wife and young kids the last few days.  Might have something to do with the slow response time....

Also, ever since his and his wife's fitness/lifestyle coaching business took off and they moved from MA down to Florida a year or so ago, AZ seems to be much more of a secondary thought for him than it used to be
  • marcskimarcski advanced
    No love lost for me.  I haven't been on AZ for years.  To be honest, I thought it started to go downhill ever since Gregg sold it to Nick.  IMHO, there were just too many yahoos over there there that it started to detract from their good content. 
  • djspookmandjspookman advanced
    marcski said:

No love lost for me.  I haven't been on AZ for years.  To be honest, I thought it started to go downhill ever since Gregg sold it to Nick.  IMHO, there were just too many yahoos over there there that it started to detract from their good content. 

yup! Only worthwhile threads of recent were the Haystack and Magic ones..
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced

marcski said:

yup! Only worthwhile threads of recent were the Haystack and Magic ones..
    I read the Sugarbush and Mount Snow pages. Sugarbush is generally good, with a few people attacking each other over minor things. Win Smith posts on it very often and is great to have a resort owner answer your own questions.

Mount Snow has some good questions with the mountain responding. There are a few bad people (who I have chosen to block, as they are trolling) that just discuss partying on the mountain and detract from the healthy discussion of mountain operations and future expansion.
  • shprideshpride intermediate
    It looks to be back up now
  • 4aprice4aprice advanced

It's a shame because there was a lot of quality content on there from years past. At least in the case of Epic there was an announcement and a timeline that allowed for some degree of archiving. It looks like AZ is just abandoned.

A lot of good content and a lot of good posters too.  Certainly wish some of them would make there way over here.  (abc, JCB890, Trailboss, Glenn, even Benedict Gomez Come to mind).  

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Its up now
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA