2017-2018 closing dates

MrMagicMrMagic advanced
in NELSAP Forum Posts: 138
I hate this thread allready but surprised to see Suicide six in vt has closed for the season
Did Yagoo. In rhode island open back up with this new snow?

What are some other posted closing dates
«1345

Comments

  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    Posts: 425
    Yawgoo has this in their snow report right now: "Tentative reopening scheduled for Wednesday March 14 10am-6pm (Weather/snowfall permitting)"
  • DrJeffDrJeff advanced
    Posts: 383
    mtsnow123 said:

    Yawgoo has this in their snow report right now: "Tentative reopening scheduled for Wednesday March 14 10am-6pm (Weather/snowfall permitting)"



    Report as of maybe 30 minutes ago, from my Mother who is at my parents condo in RI less than 5 miles from Yawgoo now, is that only 6 or so inches of wet snow has fallen, and there was some rain on the front side.... Quite a different scenario than the 20" I'm about to go clear out of my driveway in NE CT less than 30 miles as the bird flies from Yawgoo.  The 'Goo may be done until December...
  • ChuckstahChuckstah advanced
    Posts: 431
    MrMagic said:

    I hate this thread allready but surprised to see Suicide six in vt has closed for the season
    Did Yagoo. In rhode island open back up with this new snow?

    What are some other posted closing dates


    Seems early for S6.  I skied there this past Saturday and conditions were fantastic, 100% open.  The word on the hill was some sort of snowmobile event next weekend and sunday's closing date was firm.
  • FlyingZFlyingZ intermediate
    Posts: 22
    Bromley has April 1 listed as last day, seems strange with all if this snow.
  • DrJeffDrJeff advanced
    Posts: 383
    The sad thing is that within 2 weeks, the flatland kids weekend sports commitments ramp up big time, and much of the weekend drive up potential customers can't go...

    This could end up being the year where closings happen with the greatest percentage of open terrain....
  • TreillyTreilly advanced
    Posts: 288
    Here in the Mid West Caberfae Peaks is April 1st no matter how much snow is left because they start with weddings on April 7th
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    Posts: 425
    Killington is actively hammering Superstar with snowmaking. So much snow!
  • joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert
    Posts: 2,141
    mtsnow123 said:

    Killington is actively hammering Superstar with snowmaking. So much snow!

    'til June do us part!
  • podunk77podunk77 intermediate
    Posts: 41
    Suicide Six always has a relatively short year, but damn, that place is so rarely 100% open that it seems a shame for all that snow to go to waste.  They probably need the employees to start getting ready for spring/summer activities.
  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    Posts: 930
    Otis Ridge is planning on skiing until March 25th, weather permitting.

    Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Posts: 2,248
    Hate to say it but I pulled the clubs out of the closet today and played my first nine but the boss knows that I have one more day somewhere to ski this year for sure.

    We have several here in Michigan that are closed already for the year unfortunately with lots of base but like others have said spring sports is kicking in fast and backyard syndrome is very strong here unfortunately
  • ADKskierADKskier advanced
    Posts: 319
    The way this second winter is going the bigs will run into may for sure. Might even have some June dates. Pattern shows no signs of breaking down. March sun is a bitch though. 
    ~Rich~
  • TreillyTreilly advanced
    Posts: 288
    ciscokid said:

    Hate to say it but I pulled the clubs out of the closet today and played my first nine but the boss knows that I have one more day somewhere to ski this year for sure.

    We have several here in Michigan that are closed already for the year unfortunately with lots of base but like others have said spring sports is kicking in fast and backyard syndrome is very strong here unfortunately

    I know I have at least one more day in me. Hopefully we can make our schedules work
  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    Posts: 930
    Im at 15 days, planning for 24.

    Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    Posts: 930
    Power Ridge closed yesterday.

    Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

  • FlyingZFlyingZ intermediate
    Posts: 22
    sugarloaf said:

    Power Ridge closed yesterday.

    Too bad, snow on the way! If there is enough fresh, iMt southington will reopen.
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    Posts: 425
    I'm at 35 and hoping to break 50. Hoping for some later April dates at Stowe, and then use my tickets to Bush in May. Then the usual late season to the Beast during Memorial Day weekend.
  • bmwskierbmwskier expert
    Posts: 530
    Hermitage closed involuntarily yesterday thanks to the little issue of taxes:

    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • Bill29Bill29 advanced
    Posts: 317
    I'm told, but have not confirmed, that Ward Hill (Ski Ward) closed Sunday. On Saturday it had full cover but few skiers. Wachusett, on the other hand, had full cover and lots of skiers. Pretty good crowd there yesterday (Monday, March 19). With more snow on the way tomorrow, my guess is that Wachusett could stay open through April 15 if they want to.

    Poor Powder Ridge. They seemed to have snow problems for much of the winter. I did see my grand nieces race there a few weekends ago, but not all the trails were open. They could get a pretty good dump tomorrow, but I imagine their staff isn't around any more. Too bad. Powder Ridge closes and Lyman's store is open.
  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    edited March 20 Posts: 930
    Ski Sundown and Mohawk are probably closing on 4/1 if weather and skier traffic permit. Currently Mohawk is the only ski area opened in Connecticut as Ski Sundown is closed midweek.


    Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

  • FlyingZFlyingZ intermediate
    Posts: 22
    Windham to close April 1st.
  • nospeed411nospeed411 novice
    Posts: 9
    Bromley is not closing april 1st.   We pass holders have been given a tentative closing date of 2nd week in april if the snow holds.  From there its off to Killington till June...lol 
  • ChuckstahChuckstah advanced
    Posts: 431
    podunk77 said:

    Suicide Six always has a relatively short year, but damn, that place is so rarely 100% open that it seems a shame for all that snow to go to waste.  They probably need the employees to start getting ready for spring/summer activities.

    S6 is reopening this weekend on Fri-Sunday.  Good for them.
  • JonniJonni intermediate
    Posts: 53
    Cranmore is aiming for April 1st now.
  • FlyingZFlyingZ intermediate
    edited March 22 Posts: 22
    Great news for Bromley. Just got the email saying daily to April 1, then reopen April ,6,7 ,8.

    Mt. Southington has reopened for today, FRi,Sat,Sun.
  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    Posts: 930
    Bosquet is closing on 3/31.

    Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

  • Posts: 2,356
    Bradford is now officially closed. This storm didn't deliver enough
    - Sam
  • TygTyg novice
    Posts: 13
    Bill29 said:

    I'm told, but have not confirmed, that Ward Hill (Ski Ward) closed Sunday. On Saturday it had full cover but few skiers. Wachusett, on the other hand, had full cover and lots of skiers. Pretty good crowd there yesterday (Monday, March 19). With more snow on the way tomorrow, my guess is that Wachusett could stay open through April 15 if they want to.

    Poor Powder Ridge. They seemed to have snow problems for much of the winter. I did see my grand nieces race there a few weekends ago, but not all the trails were open. They could get a pretty good dump tomorrow, but I imagine their staff isn't around any more. Too bad. Powder Ridge closes and Lyman's store is open.

    Ski ward did in fact close Sunday March 19th, still with wall to wall coverage on trails but I feel after the presidents day week the crowds aren't good enough to make money so that was the descion to close. Wachusett's on the other hand is open daily till April 1st then I believe they'll open April 7/8 for sure and 50/50 on if they make it to April 14/15 weekend.
  • TygTyg novice
    edited March 22 Posts: 13
    DrJeff said:

    mtsnow123 said:

    Yawgoo has this in their snow report right now: "Tentative reopening scheduled for Wednesday March 14 10am-6pm (Weather/snowfall permitting)"



    Report as of maybe 30 minutes ago, from my Mother who is at my parents condo in RI less than 5 miles from Yawgoo now, is that only 6 or so inches of wet snow has fallen, and there was some rain on the front side.... Quite a different scenario than the 20" I'm about to go clear out of my driveway in NE CT less than 30 miles as the bird flies from Yawgoo.  The 'Goo may be done until December...
    They did open for March 14th after the storm for just one day on the rope tow only, then closed again for the season the next day (3/15). 
  • CannonballCannonball advanced
    Posts: 242
    Does anyone know typical Burke closing dates?  I'm still trying to get there this season but I know they don't go long.  They'll still be open 3/31 right?
Sign In or Register to comment.