Arms Race Friendly Bet- Name 1st Ski Area to be at 100% open IN YOUR STATE

Comments

• joshua_segaljoshua_segal expert

I think I will win this one for VT...If this storm shapes up, MRG will be wide open on weekend...just a hunch

Agree. MRG opens terrain with minimal cover. 
  • TreillyTreilly advanced
    ciscokid said:

Well I guess pintail won't be open so I'm outhttps://www.nubsnob.com/nubs-update-dec/

What do you think Ted , Cabby 100% by Saturday?

I think Caberfae will be 99.9% open. With the upper part of I-75 being the only thing not open.

• lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    From MRG website: 
    The start of the 2017-18 ski season is nearly upon us. Mad River Glen will open on Saturday and Sunday with skiing on the Practice Slope Double and the Callie's Corner Handle Tow. The Practice Slope will run from 9am to 3:45pm while the Handle Tow will spin from 9am to 3pm. If Mother Nature gives us a helping hand we'll try to open up the main mountain too. Hey, you never know, stay tuned for updates as we get closer to the weekend.

• ski_itski_it expert
    Mt ISNE was fully open for XC Sunday. imageJust saying.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    IMG_6737.JPEG
    2016 x 1512 - 767K
    edited December 2017 Posts: 927
    Setup is perfect: winds will pack in what has already been tracked out by skiers and snowboarders (this is when the single-plankers get their fill at Mad River): "Human Groomin" works great...:

MRG getting closer: from website

Mad River Glen will open on  Friday with skiing service by the Sunnyside Double from 9 am to 3:45 pm. On Saturday and Sunday we'll be spinning the Single Chair, the Sunnyside Double and the Practice Slope from 8:30 am to 3:45 pm. An exact trail count will have to wait until we get closer to opening day.  Rest assured that we will do our collective darnedest to get as much of the main mountain open as possible. Stay tuned for updates.
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Looking good hereimage
    IMG_3050.JPG
    320 x 240 - 31K
    Mt Holly leading pack at 79%

http://www.skicentral.com/-skireport.html
  • ChuckstahChuckstah advanced
    Pico could open this weekend pretty strong. Likely not 100% though.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 209
    ciscokid said:

Mt Holly leading pack at 79%

I think they will be 100% by Thursday. I was off by two days if they are. Mt Holly has a pretty good snowmaking system. Lots of guns for a small place

Mt Holly is 100% open. Not sure if the ended up first in Michigan but they have to be close image
    FD5C2480-B149-414D-B655-7C3D9226DCF2.jpeg
    1334 x 750 - 163K
  • mtsnow123mtsnow123 advanced
    Stowe 12/16/17. They open the top of Spruce peak via chairlift this Saturday, so good chance everything could be open.
    mtsnow123 said:

Stowe 12/16/17. They open the top of Spruce peak via chairlift this Saturday, so good chance everything could be open.

They don't list all the trails on Mansfield as open today, so we'll see.

mtsnow123 said:

They're bragging in their snow report today that they have the most terrain open on the East Cost by acreage. 
    mtsnow123 said:

mtsnow123 said:

They're bragging in their snow report today that they have the most terrain open on the East Cost by acreage. 
    Could be, but not 100%... MRG is fully tracked by folks who skinned up, on every trail...just waiting to turn the lifts!
    Single opening Saturday.

• bousquet19bousquet19 advanced
    In Virginia, I'd bet on Bryce on 12/29

Woody
    Mt Holly wins for Michigan 12/14
    http://www.skimtholly.com/conditions.php

mtsnow123 said:

mtsnow123 said:

Could be, but not 100%... MRG is fully tracked by folks who skinned up, on every trail...just waiting to turn the lifts!
    Stowe just updated their snow report to say 7 trails short of 100% open. 101/108 open tomorrow. Impressive
    mtsnow123 said:

mtsnow123 said:

mtsnow123 said:

Stowe just updated their snow report to say 7 trails short of 100% open. 101/108 open tomorrow. Impressive
    Nice. My guess is MRG will be just shy, but you never know...they are usually pretty aggressive- depends on water bar coverage on a few trails.

mtsnow123 said:

mtsnow123 said:

mtsnow123 said:

Nice. My guess is MRG will be just shy, but you never know...they are usually pretty aggressive- depends on water bar coverage on a few trails.
    They will be close- all but 6 trails listed as open tomorrow, but I would not be surprised if they opened during the day.
    Caberfae 100% tomm as I predictedhttp://caberfaepeaks.com/the-mountain/snow-report/
    ciscokid said:
    So they win the silver for Michigan
  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    Supposedly Ski Blandford will be 100% open as per Facebook, but they don't open for the season until Saturday.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

edited December 2017 Posts: 209
    ciscokid said:

Caberfae 100% tomm as I predictedhttp://caberfaepeaks.com/the-mountain/snow-

Caberfae has invested a lot in snow making the last 5 years or so and it is starting to show

Boyne has webcams of both Highland resorts on YouTube and It seems to be snowing there nonstop the last week or so.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

sugarloaf said:

Boyne has webcams of both Highland resorts on YouTube and It seems to be snowing there nonstop the last week or so.

Caberfae is a little farther south and they have gotten 35.5” of snow over the last 10 days. Most of it is lake effect off of Lake Michigan
    Treilly said:

sugarloaf said:

Caberfae is a little farther south and they have gotten 35.5” of snow over the last 10 days. Most of it is lake effect off of Lake Michigan
    Mammoth Is at 39" for the winter season to date, LOL.

Winner winner, chicken dinner: MRG 100% open today: http://www.madriverglen.com/skiing/conditions/
    And inland cutting rainstorm is forecast for next weekend, that's going to hurt the chances for other areas to see 100% open.

• ski_itski_it expert
    So far Jiminy is in the lead at 60% with Otis & Butternut close behind at 55. Mt ISNE is back to 55%
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA