Hermitage Cash Flow Shortage

Comments

• jaytremjaytrem advanced

Iregardless is not a word.

Looks like merriam-webster says it is a word. But I also would have guessed it wasn't.
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing expert
    jaytrem said:

Looks like merriam-webster says it is a word. But I also would have guessed it wasn't.

Needs another r... 

jaytrem said:

Needs another r... 
    That is true, but close enough.
    Let's not get petty
    - Sam
  • marcskimarcski advanced
    Bondman said:

newpylong said:

Bondman said:

newpylong said:

Bondman said:

obienick said:

Haystack has 1 CTEC triple, 1 Poma triple, and 2 Sky-Trac quads in addition to the bubble six-pack.  They also have a large fan gun fleet.

The triples are too old to move. The quads are short. The residual value of all that equipement is peanuts when you have a 30 million dollar clubhouse that can't move. Haystack mountain will operate as a private club. 
    The triples are not "too old to move" and are in great shape. They would sell.

The Quads would also sell.
    Youre missing the point
    Your point was not lost, but iregardless of their potential value as part of the total assets on property the lifts will sell.
    Iregardless is not a word. The lifts will not be sold. The entire package is for sale at a price that Mr. Barnes wants. He still holds the cards. 
    At this point, no one will buy that place unless the members team togther and do it themselves. It is a complete and utter mess.
  • rickbolgerrickbolger expert
    edited April 2 Posts: 1,325
    jaytrem said:

it's a "very unique" word   :D

• bobbuttsbobbutts advanced
    It actually does appear in the dictionary, but it's spelled wrong here, there are two r's
    Not sure why any of that matters though, everyone knew what he meant.
    I think it's a generational thing.  Back when dinosaurs walked the earth we were taught to avoid what was then considered improper usage, including quasi-words such as "irregardless"  or "firstly" and pompous diction such as "each and every" or goofy expressions such as "died suddenly" or "slightly pregnant" and the ubiquitous "new and improved."   Modification of an absolute was also a no-no. 

My Barnhart dictionary printed in 1961 lists irregardless "not generally accepted usage"

But as implied out above, language continuously evolves, and expressions/words that sounded totally goofy at one time have become commonplace today.

Improper use's of apostrohpe's is also being added to the list of accepted practice's. 

• bmwskierbmwskier expert
    Let's eat grandma. 

Let's eat, grandma. 

Punctuation saves lives... 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
  • sugarloafsugarloaf expert
    bmwskier said:

Let's eat grandma. 

Let's eat, grandma. 

Punctuation saves lives... 
    The big bad wolf probably didn't mind either way.

Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.

• NELSAPNELSAP advanced
    There have been many perfectly cromulent additions to the English language.
    yeah I had to look that up  X_X

As Rick points out, in school we were taught not to use irregardless.  This was/is due to there being no real difference in the meaning of regardless vs. irregardless.
    marcski said:

As Rick points out, in school we were taught not to use irregardless.  This was/is due to there being no real difference in the meaning of regardless vs. irregardless.

:-/
    At least it's not dangerous like flammable and inflammable...

Nothing to worry about, it says it's inflammable.
  • DrJeffDrJeff advanced
    Regardless of one's feeling on word validity and origin, I think we can all agree that this thread has undergone a hijacking in the last day!! :D
  • SullySully intermediate
    Drove by the Club this morning and there was some action it seemed, a contractor van pulling out and a few cars turning in. Place is still covered top to bottom, looks prime for hiking.
    edited April 3 Posts: 253

marcski said:

:-/

I speak the truth!:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/irregardless-real-word-regardless-kory-stamper-education-dictionary-mean-girls-lexicon-merriam-webster-2017-6

• Bill29Bill29 advanced
    How about disirregardless? (April 3, two days late, but betterlate than never, no?)
  • newpylongnewpylong expert
    Look what I have done.
    newpylong said:

Look what I have done.

It's been kind of fun...irrespective of the fact that it hijacked the thread :)]
    Bill29 said:

How about disirregardless? (April 3, two days late, but betterlate than never, no?)

I'm going to use that next time someone says "irregardless" 

Just reading around on Facebook and rumors I had been hearing in the area, sounds like at least a handful of now former employees still have bounced paychecks from the Club from the beginning of March. That is pathetic. It is no longer "can they make it?" No, now it is "so how many people got hurt in this and where is the bottom of the hole?"
  • bmwskierbmwskier expert
    That sucks-- stiffing the help is not a good way to end. 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." 
    Greg Stump
    Brattleboro Reformer has said on their Facebook that a tax sale of the Hermitage is scheduled for early June. Also put the number of people laid off earlier this year at 100 people.
    Drove by this afternoon, place looks sweet right now. There's a solid 6-8 inches of fresh snow from the past four days on top of a deep base. They could still easily be 100% open this weekend. I'm actually surprised that the lower mountain trails have retained their edge to edge cover. Some people are skinning multiple trails and looked like some snowmobiles had fun as well.
    Here's a couple photos, btw Mount Snow was fantastic today with a pretty good midweek crowd.
    IMG_20180411_135125.jpg
    3116 x 1072 - 811K
    IMG_20180411_135107.jpg
    1917 x 690 - 351K
  • enotsmij1enotsmij1 novice
    edited April 11 Posts: 1
    Berkshire is paying off about 700k of the taxes soon so that tax sale probably not gonna happen.  No way the bank allows smaller tax debts to wipe out their entire $17mm position...typical 1st lien protection behavior.  That's why payroll and vendors aught to get paid...at least those associated with the bank's collateral package.
  • DrJeffDrJeff advanced
    As a member friend on FB pointed out to another FB friend of mine, who is a year round (short of Spring mud season before Golf Course pre opening prep starts) employee, pointed out, *if* Jim Barnes chooses to decline all offers for a buyout and full bankruptcy ensues, the number of lawsuits he's potential facing, goes up by about 600, as all the current members could class action suit him for breach of contract!!!!

And as my friends out it, his arrogance/ego(he was even apparently this past week spotted driving around the Valley in his vintage Bentley convertible, with the top down) has to at some point, has to be squashed with reality!!!!!
  • slathamslatham advanced
    Bondman said:

DrJeff said:

DrJeff said:

As a member friend on FB pointed out to another FB friend of mine, who is a year round (short of Spring mud season before Golf Course pre opening prep starts) employee, pointed out, *if* Jim Barnes chooses to decline all offers for a buyout and full bankruptcy ensues, the number of lawsuits he's potential facing, goes up by about 600, as all the current members could class action suit him for breach of contract!!!!

And as my friends out it, his arrogance/ego(he was even apparently this past week spotted driving around the Valley in his vintage Bentley convertible, with the top down) has to at some point, has to be squashed with reality!!!!!

So who's really in the mix to buy it? Are the members organized? Do we really think a Vail or Alterra will buy it?