Ahhh Le Relais!!

Still say this corridor ranks with the best, certainly the operating ones
    Treilly said:

https://liftblog.com/2017/11/09/why-t-bars-are-trending-again/

I would love to see Caberfae Peaks put a T-Bar in their back country area 

Treilly said:

https://liftblog.com/2017/11/09/why-t-bars-are-trending-again/

I would love to see Caberfae Peaks put a T-Bar in their back country area 

I would love them to put in the Hall double and a tbar!
  • TomWhiteTomWhite advanced
    Cisco and I must have seen this at the same time. I tried to set it up for copy n paste while he posted it. It doesn't fit 2.0 even w/o the many photos. It is worth the read on Liftblog.com.

• TreillyTreilly advanced

I would love them to put in the Hall double and a tbar!

If what you were told is true I think you will see a Hall double
  • newpylongnewpylong expert
    edited November 17 Posts: 564
    Whaleback.

Picture from WB.
  • NELSAPNELSAP advanced
    Thanks for sharing the T-bar photo from Whaleback - it's looking great!
    Oops deleted the photo. here it is.
    20171116_094938.jpg
    1632 x 918 - 687K
  • obienickobienick expert
    newpylong, you work at Whaleback, right? Is there an estimated completion date?  
    Hoping to be inspected this week and 100% complete by 12/1.
    newpylong said:

Hoping to be inspected this week and 100% complete by 12/1.

Good to hear, will it be the first part of the mountain open?
    - Sam
    The WB t-bar sure has an interesting looking counter weight.

I noticed that when the haul rope was spliced it want completely draped over the sheaves at the base terminal. Wonder why that was.

IBRAKE
    edited November 18 Posts: 564
    Keep in mind you cannot reinstall a 35 year old lift in the same state it was removed. It must be re-designed and refurbished to modern tramway standards. Furthermore when this lift was removed the legs were torched off.

At splicing the counterweight was not installed and the sheaves were not aligned. If you are not there to observe the full sequence of events it is going to be a headscratcher.

Yes the trails served off the T-bar will likely be opened first this year.
    newpylong said:

Keep in mind you cannot reinstall a 35 year old lift in the same state it was removed. It must be re-designed and refurbished to modern tramway standards. Furthermore when this lift was removed the legs were torched off.

At splicing the counterweight was not installed and the sheaves were not aligned. If you are not there to observe the full sequence of events it is going to be a headscratcher.

Had no idea there are rules about reinstalling a used lift in the same state. How long has this been the case?

I like that the traditional four legs of the box for a Hall t-bar isn’t a part of this installation. The two large metal tubes upholding the electric motor and and bottom bullwheel looks contemporary and smart. Same is true for the cylindrical counterweight.

Sure wish WB had taken more pics and perhaps video of parts of the process. Never thought I’d witness an install of a Hall t-bar.

Would you know if, when the lift runs, you’ll hear the same loud growling noise from the reducing gear above the bullwheel and if the summit bullwheel will make the clack-clack-clack from the anti reverse braking?

IBRAKE

newpylong said:

Had no idea there are rules about reinstalling a used lift in the same state. How long has this been the case?

I like that the traditional four legs of the box for a Hall t-bar isn’t a part of this installation. The two large metal tubes upholding the electric motor and and bottom bullwheel looks contemporary and smart. Same is true for the cylindrical counterweight.

Sure wish WB had taken more pics and perhaps video of parts of the process. Never thought I’d witness an install of a Hall t-bar.

Would you know if, when the lift runs, you’ll hear the same loud growling noise from the reducing gear above the bullwheel and if the summit bullwheel will make the clack-clack-clack from the anti reverse braking?

IBRAKE

I'm pretty sure he means the lift must be reengineered, not that there are rules regarding where the lift must be installed.
    - Sam

newpylong said:

IBRAKE

I'm pretty sure he means the lift must be reengineered, not that there are rules regarding where the lift must be installed.
    D’oh! Of course: I took what he said waaaay too literally! ;)) ;)) ;))