Black Mt NH Sunday 4/9/2017!

ski_itski_it expert
edited April 9 in Trip Reports Posts: 1,550
Didn't ski here :( went looking for moose this morning and all I found was this ski area, and a couple oxen. The main lift was spinning and there may have been 5 cars there. I saw one skier. Some pics of the Shovel Handle Lift tooimageimageimageimage
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
IMG_5250.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
IMG_5251.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
IMG_5257.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M
IMG_5256.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Comments

• jaytremjaytrem intermediate
    Hey, my car was one of them.  Skied til they closed the place with my 5 year old twins.  Great day!!!  Yeah the place was deserted.  Actually wish a few more people would have showed up.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Yeah? Which one? ;)
    I felt bad about leavingimage
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    IMG_5252.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
  • obienickobienick expert
    I see the J's are already off. Was it not used this year or are they that proactive with getting them off? What's the maintenance advantage to take them all off?
    obienick said:

I see the J's are already off. Was it not used this year or are they that proactive with getting them off? What's the maintenance advantage to take them all off?

I've never seen them on.
    - Sam
    Looks like I wasn't there yet. Left from mount snow, so didn't get there til about 10:30. It did get a little more crowded in the afternoon. Maybe 15-20 cars.
  • ski_itski_it expert
    Wow you left Mt Snow to go here? I love Black, but do tell?
    Great views of Washington that day, huh?
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    Anymore pictures SKU it would be cool dodging some thorough breads in the pasture or skiing down in the open field
    Oh that's right you or New England skier already posted a thorough pictured report from Black
    ciscokid said:

Anymore pictures SKU it would be cool dodging some thorough breads in the pasture or skiing down in the open field
    Oh that's right you or New England skier already posted a thorough pictured report from Black

Here is my Black Mountain report from February: http://snowjournal.com/discussion/1141/black-mountain-nh-2-21-2017
    - Sam
    ski_it said:

Wow you left Mt Snow to go here? I love Black, but do tell?
    Great views of Washington that day, huh?

I promised my girls if they could ski from the top of Mount Snow before spring break I'd take them for a trip to nh. Never imagined they would be skiing all the bumps runs at Wildcat already. Figured it might be Polecat for a few days straight. Anyway, I saw Black was open on Sunday and have never been there. So skipped Attitash and had a great day at Black. I figure we'll get plenty of days at Attirash in future years with the peak pass.

Hit Okemo on the way back today, timed it right with the rain so had another great day. Wife's family is hear now, so hopefully that will give the girls a second wind for the final 4 days of the trip.
  • ciscokidciscokid expert
    I think this is the coolest pic
    I remember rocket ( j Clark New England ski history fame) and J D posted pics of this or video yrs agoimage
    IMG_1301.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 393K
    ciscokid said:

I think this is the coolest pic
    I remember rocket ( j Clark New England ski history fame) and J D posted pics of this or video yrs agoimage

Even though taking photos on the Platter Pull was difficult, I knew that this is the picture that everyone would be looking for from my trip to Black, so I had to do it!
    - Sam
  • ski_itski_it expert
    edited April 13 Posts: 1,550
    Very nice Jaytrem. That reminds me of one bad aspect I've found in my first year with a pass, it's hard to pull out the cashola to ski off pass. I would have been happy to stay there but the other passholder in my car felt otherwise.

Cisco - apparently Mr Rocket was at Wildcat while I was. I've lost track how many times this has happened. Two or 3 times this year, one or two other times. But I guess the odds are 1 in 86 or better in the spring in NE to be at the same place.