Caberfae Peaks 3/18/17

TreillyTreilly intermediate
edited March 20 in Trip Reports Posts: 86
After a couple of years finally got to meet Ciscokid (Bob). It was a fantastic day of skiing. A little like pea soup at the start due to fog,but that lifted after about an hour. The snow was firm and very fast but you could easily carve a turn. Other than new powder I thought is was some of the best snow I have skiied on. They still have a good base left and should be able to make it to next week as long as they don't get too much rain. It will probably be my last ski trip of the season. It was a great day and finally meeting someone from this form that I have been reading for around 8-10 years. I was just a person who just read the posts and didn't say much until this season and I look forward to contributing more in the future image
IMG_0452.JPG
2048 x 1536 - 827K

Comments

• ciscokidciscokid expert
    Thanks again Ted it was great to meet you and Kim and wolf Jack Jim and his attire sure made things interesting hanging out with the pack good snow conditions great lunch with great similar personalities and interests it was just a great day

Looking forward to Teeing it up and hitting the little white ball after all the man-made snow is gone I'm I am going to try to get out and turn them turn them one more time yet this year

Thanks to you and Jim for the fine luncheon and conversation
    Jim's wife Mechile and daughter Ava hung together getting Ava's friend Olivia some experience getting up from a fall. It was Olivia's first time skiing and she did remarkably well ,we all followed her down Smiling Irishmen and Easy Street where she looked as if she had been skiing for years.

We caught the three ladies while riding up the ctec quad on a little more angulated blue trail that Olivia was tested on.

Here's the girls minus Kim who was hangin with the guysimageimage
    IMG_1140.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    The rope shack that Tyler and I hiked to was at the top of the beginner area on sumac Ridge I had spoke to a gentleman next to us in the parking lot at the end of the day who told me about it and he said there are several other remnants further up the hill with fantastic views from up there so I am tend to get up there someday to scale out what else I can find of lost articles within the boundaries of an open ski area
  • TreillyTreilly intermediate
    Maybe a golf trip to Caberfae then go explore the back country is needed
  • lotsoskiinglotsoskiing advanced
    Wow, looking at the old map it seems like they had a dozen lifts at one time or am I reading it wrong? With all the earthwork it is hard to picture where the old place was... Looks like a fun place
    In 1963 there were 5T bar lift and 15 rope tow for a total of 20 lift
    Sounded like a wanderers dream
    This was after the first chair lift from Mount Snow was taken down after two years of use