Dismantling of Village Double at Sugarbush Began Today...

NELSAPNELSAP advanced
edited March 18 in NELSAP Forum Posts: 164
Talk about good timing - while at Sugarbush today the dismantling of the Village Chair began, already...they are moving right away on it. I took pictures of the lift in the morning without knowing the chairs would be taken down midday. By midday, when I skied over to it, they were running the chair about 50ft at a time, then taking off the chair, then moving on to the next one. Some were taken off at the top, some at the bottom. It was great to be a part of history to watch what was probably the last running of the chair.

By late afternoon, all the chairs were down, and piled up at the bottom and top. Enjoy the photos, which show the various stages of the lift today.

It will be replaced with a quad next year...it's a great beginner slope and this will really help with uphill capacity.

JD
chairinam.jpg
936 x 527 - 237K
chairsattop.jpg
936 x 527 - 216K
chairmiddleofday.jpg
936 x 527 - 197K
chairlineendofday.jpg
936 x 527 - 242K
chairsatbottom.jpg
936 x 527 - 242K
chairs.jpg
936 x 527 - 287K
chairendofday1.jpg
527 x 936 - 255K
chairendofday.jpg
527 x 936 - 246K

Comments

• ciscokidciscokid expert
    Nice to be part of history JD

Thanks for all the pictures on a gloriously sunny day!

Stupid question, what about the lattice towers?
    They look short

One thing I have known and have re-observed at Boyne, old lifts('70s and older) tend to be very low. Barely 7 feet in many places off the ground.
    Good timing! It's bound to happen eventually to all old lifts, but it's always sad when it does. Now, I believe, there will only be 10 lattice tower chairlifts left in operation in New England after this winter.
    - Sam
  • obienickobienick expert
    Are you including the Ward Hill and Ski Butternut frankenlifts?
  • edited March 18 Posts: 1,964
    obienick said:

Are you including the Ward Hill and Ski Butternut frankenlifts?

Yes, I believe there are 11 if we count Bear Creek.
    - Sam