MAX Pass: Track your value
There were a couple of early season threads about the MAX Pass. It seemed like there were enough SJ folks who bought in to warrant a separate thread that tracks how well the pass is paying off. Was it a good investment this year? Will it be a good option in the future? Post your tally of usage and value...
For me, I bought early and paid $599.
So far I have used it:
- 2 days at Loon
- 1 day at Killington
- 1 day at Sunday River
So far the cost per day = $149.75. Obviously not a deal so far.
Forecasted usage this season:
- 5 days at Loon. I live right across the street. I've actually been saving the days but will easily use all 5.
- 3-5 days at Sunday River. It's not far, I expect I'll get all 5 days.
- 3-5 days at Killington. These are the days I'm saving for late season
- 2-3 nights at Wachusett.
- 1-2 days at Boreal @Tahoe. I'll be there for work in Feb. Should get at least a day.
- 10-14 days in CAN Rockies. I already have a trip booked in March that hits 4 MAX Pass Mtns (Nakiska, Kicking Horse, Kimberly, Fernie). Of course weather could turn bad and I may only get a minimum of days).
- 3-5 days at Sugarloaf, Tremblant, Stratton, Pico, Sunapee, etc before the season ends.
Total projected = 27 to 39 days. Cost/day = $22 to $15.
I'm sure I'll break even. And it will likely be a bargain. On the other hand, I also shelled out $599 for a Cannon season pass, so I also need a dozen or so days to make that one worthwhile (at 9 there so far).